The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is located in Huntsville, Alabama and serves as the showcase museum for the hardware of the U.S. space program…including the stunning Saturn V moon rockets. The Saturn V—taller than a 36-story building and weighing over 6.5 million pounds—is the largest and most powerful rocket ever launched.
The Saturn V Restoration Project was carried out over a five year period and Gibson Landscape mobilized landscape and design teams from all over the South. We delivered on our assignments—including significant Hardscape, Landscape, and Irrigation—below budget and ahead of schedule.
Utilizing a wide assortment of value-driven programs requiring continuous precision, Gibson Landscape worked in tandem with the project’s owners to bring this center to life. Highlighted on Good Morning America in 2008, this museum houses the last remaining Saturn V rocket—named one of the seven man-made wonders of the world.
- Landmark project for City of Huntsville
- Uniform plantings to frame the attraction
- Safely performed hardscapes and grading functions on operational site
- Unique program approach and coordination to complete ahead of schedule
- Special delivery and logistics utilizing just in time and lean construction methods
- Design build irrigation system in CAD
- LEED Silver project