The new 150,000 square feet Jekyll Island Convention Center is the only oceanfront convention center south of New Jersey. The Center features 50,000 square feet of outdoor terraces, an outdoor stage, event lawns and pavilions. This project consisted of three major components: demolition of the existing facility, construction of the new building and extensive site work.
To create the convention center’s unique design, we planted more than 35,000 shrubs, grasses and groundcovers, flew in palm trees from Spain, installed 100,000 square feet of exposed tabby oyster shell walkways, created an impressive sea turtle mosaic and even added some fun with a bocce court.
Our ability to stay within established budgets while upholding the highest quality earned us repeat business with the owner.
- Gravel, pavement and permeable concrete parking lots
- More than 650 harvested sabal, silver and Canary Island palm trees
- 50,000 sq ft of concrete paver installation
- Concrete curb and gutter
- Native grass installation
- Bocce ball court construction
- Site furnishings and receptacles
- Intricate concrete finishes
- Paver mosaic of sea turtle
- BIM Construction
“Gibson Landscape has the manpower and experience to handle projects of all types and scales, giving the entire development team assurance that the product will be nothing but first class.”- Land planning/Design partner