Account Manager Job Description
Purpose and Description
Job Description – Account Manager, Grounds Maintenance Division
The Account Manager is the most critical role within the Grounds Maintenance Division of Gibson Landscape and is responsible for the successful and profitable execution, retention, and relationship growth of assigned landscape management accounts. Overseeing and forecasting cost controls; managing materials through the purchase ordering system; managing labor costs and hours through updated schedule management; and subcontractors and enhancement proposals through the Gibson CARE program. Maintaining communications with employees, management, customers and property managers and owners (stakeholders) while managing expectations to high quality standard is expected. This “A player” takes ownership of the results.
The principle responsibilities of this position are the following:
- Lead and organize the management effort in accordance with contract goals and budget for the property while maintaining the Gibson standard of excellence.
- Direct field staff to complete all scheduled tasks by meeting or exceeding predetermined budgets for direct and indirect labor, live and hardline materials, subcontractor’s costs, supplies, and tools.
- Maintain communication with customers/clients on all properties regarding contract schedules and dates of execution.
- Regularly schedule visits to properties and meetings with clients to determine their needs, interests, and optimal solutions.
- Manage cost change through the company’s PO management system.
Key Performance Metrics
- Ability to analyze situations, considers options, and makes decisions that are timely and informed.
- The highest degree of cooperation, communication and coordination is maintained so that a professional attitude and positive image is projected.
- The ability prioritizes with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with customers and vendors in a timely and professional manner at all times.
- Be proficient in the company’s software systems and other programs such as CARE, B2W, Office products, Sage PO, Bluebeam.
- Communicate effectively to ensure delivery of exceptional results as committed to the client.
- Make visits to properties to ensure that work performed is to Gibson Landscape standards.
- Maintain constant communication with customer base to ensure satisfaction.
- Monitor progress of all jobs in progress and communicate any deviation from expectations.
- Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Results and action oriented
- Sales and growth oriented
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Customer centered and focused
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Focus on continued learning and self-development