Purpose and Description
Job Description – Senior Project Estimator, Construction Division
The Estimators purpose within the Construction Division of Gibson Landscape is to pursue and win commercial construction work through direct cost estimation of first class landscape, hardscape & concrete construction projects. The Estimator is instrumental to winning opportunities by selling the client on their knowledge, technical prowess and exceptional communication skills. Landscape Construction is a mature and competitive industry driven by value and price making the Estimator the tip of the spear for sales. Overseeing, performing and forecasting estimating volume; takeoffs; deadlines; maintaining material costs, labor costs and hours; task sequencing, duration and schedule creation; subcontractor qualification and bid management; pre-construction buyout; project turnovers. Maintaining communications with employees, management, customers and project architects and owners (stakeholders) while managing expectations to a high standard is mandatory. This exceptional individual takes ownership of the growth trajectory of the Construction Division.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications to accurately prepare estimates in accordance with requests for quotation reviewing all plans and specs submitted for contract bids.
- Primary contact with suppliers, sub-contractors, estimators, designers, engineers and architects to obtain the necessary information to prepare a comprehensive and accurate bid response.
- Review designs for alternative materials and prepare estimates in accordance with the guidelines provided by the contractor.
- Ability to calculate and compile take off data for use in bid proposal estimates on time
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform and complete duties wherever volume deems it necessary and with strong attention to detail.
- Confidentiality of Company, customer, supplier and employee information is maintained.
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelors or associate degree in any field preferred – 3-5 years Field experience, Estimating and/or Purchasing Manager with a construction company may be a substitution for Education.
- Must have strong people skills, and organizational and planning capabilities.
- Strong analytical and observation skills, which demonstrate the ability to set a course or direction.
- Strong geometry and mathematical comprehension are required.
5. Proficient with computer software programs including On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, B2W, Sage Timberline, Word, Excel, Outlook.
At Gibson, we may be one of the nation’s top landscape/hardscape companies, but we maintain a small family feel and a supportive environment. Our team members are fun and friendly We look out for our clients as much as we look out for each other and our main goal in business is relationship. We tackle (and win) big projects and enjoy the challenge together. There’s not much we haven’t accomplished over the last 25+ years and we’d love for you to come along. If you’re looking to join a team of go-getters and work together to unite people and place, this is probably the spot for you.