Hardscape Apprentice Job Description
Purpose and Description
Job Description – Hardscape Apprentice, Hardscape Department, Construction Division
The hardscape apprentice purpose within the Hardscape Department – Construction Division of Gibson Landscape is to perform daily labor activities to support the successful construction of exterior hardscapes including pavers, grading, decorative concrete, cast-in-place walls, concrete paving, masonry work and site furnishings and other site elements. Landscape construction is a study in problem solving – the discipline of reaching an objective of purpose and importance.
Bringing together our teams to make reality of promises – owning and delivering the results trusting us with their greatest exterior investment – the landscape. This exceptional individual or “A player” helps the team achieve the best results while maintaining efficient and effective work effort.
- Construction of projects of various types from mixed-use campus, medical and sports and entertainment while proper installation of concrete, pavers, masonry and site elements in accordance with hardscape and company standards.
- Operate hand tools and small hand-held equipment in a safe and efficient manner as guided by our company trainer.
- Support Field Superintendent objectives as indicated to meet daily and weekly goals.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform and complete duties when the workload or season requires it.
- Confidentiality of Company, customer, supplier and employee information is maintained.
Key Performance Metrics
- Must maintain a positive “can-do” attitude towards the work.
- Perform quality work with no re-dos.
- Effectively communicate to your peers and Field Superintendent.
- Demonstrate a willingness to grow your skills.
- Take care of the equipment you use.
- Reliable and dependable worker who arrives for work each assigned day.
- Maintain proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) that has been issued to you.
- Work as a team to achieve project and client satisfaction goals.
- Maintain safe and reliable work environment within each task you have been assigned.
- Support the field superintendent in achieving a daily/weekly & monthly win.
- Operate hand-held and small equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Help the team beat daily budgets for labor efficiency.
- Maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- A “team” approach and attitude with other functions within the organization is exhibited always.
- All duties are performed in an independent manner with minimal direction.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work according to the requirements as set forth by multiple stakeholders.
- Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Focus on continued learning and self-development
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- No experience necessary but must NOT be afraid of work. Hard work in the heat and for extended periods of time. This is Exterior Construction.
- Education preferred but not required.