Landscape Apprentice Job Description
Purpose and Description
Job Description – Landscape Apprentice,
Construction Division – Landscape Department
The landscape apprentice purpose within the Landscape Department – Construction Division of Gibson Landscape is to perform daily labor activities to support the successful Construction of exterior landscapes including trees, shrubs, groundcovers, seed and sod, irrigation, boulders, edging, soils, aggregate and pavers. Landscape construction is a study in problem solving – the discipline of reaching an objective of purpose and importance.
Bringing together our teams to make reality of promises – owning and delivering the results trusting us with their greatest exterior investment – the landscape. This exceptional individual or “A player” helps the team achieve the best results while maintaining efficient and effective work effort.
- Construction of projects of various types from mixed-use campus, medical and sports and entertainment while proper installation of trees, shrubs, sod etc in accordance to horticultural and company standards.
- Operate hand tools and small hand-held equipment in a safe and efficient manner as guided by our company trainer.
- Support Field Superintendent objectives as indicated to meet daily and weekly goals.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform and complete duties when the workload or season requires it.
- Confidentiality of Company, customer, supplier and employee information is maintained.
Key Performance Metrics
- Must maintain a positive “can-do” attitude towards the work.
- Perform quality work with no re-dos.
- Effectively communicate to your peers and Field Superintendent.
- Demonstrate and willingness to grow your skills.
- Take care of the equipment you use.
- Reliable and dependable worker who arrives for work each assigned day.
- Maintain proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) that has been issued to you.
- Work as a team to achieve project and client satisfaction goals.
- Maintain safe and reliable work environment within each task you have been assigned.
- Support the field superintendent in achieving a daily/weekly & monthly win.
- Operate hand-held and small equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Help the team beat daily budgets for labor efficiency.
- Maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment.
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- A “team” approach and attitude with other functions within the organization is exhibited always.
- All duties are performed in an independent manner with minimal direction.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work according to the requirements as set forth by multiple stakeholders.
- Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Focus on continued learning and self-development
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- No experience necessary but must NOT be afraid of work. Hard work in the heat and for extended periods of time. This is Exterior Construction.
- Education preferred but not required.