See Project Photos
The 11 acre park and amphitheater is fully-accessible to the public during non-event days and provides residents access to the City of Nashville’s largest public outdoor amenity skillfully completed by the Gibson Landscape Construction Team. The amphitheater accommodates 6,500 people and operates 9 months out the year within a natural bowl providing optimal lines of sight to the stage and downtown.
With spectacular views of river activity and the rolling hills of the landscape beyond, the park and amphitheater provides a critical link to Nashville’s greenway system, connecting two existing greenways through downtown- creating a continuous paved trail more than 5.5 miles in length.
This regional pursuit was the second winning assignment in Nashville for the Gibson Major Projects Division based in Atlanta, GA. The brownfield site was the home of Nashville’s Thermal Transfer Plant decommissioned in 2004. The park and amphitheater includes over one mile of multi-use greenway trails, Nashville’s first downtown dog park, ornamental gardens, native grass and perennial plantings, a 1.5-acre event lawn called the Green and an amphitheater. The entire project was completed by our teams within a record 3 months as design directed scope-adds exceeded 50% of the original contract and schedule. This spectacular example of project commitment and delivery was carried out by one of the most efficient, quality-conscious, talented and dedicated teams in the green & construction industry.
- 11 Acre City of Nashville amphitheater & park public development along the Cumberland River
- Over one mile of greenway trails & pedestrian decomposed granite pathways
- Over 200,000SF exposed & light broom concrete flatwork with integral color & heavy duty vehicular paving
- Permeable paver systems and precast stone for stairs and landscape features
- Amphitheater concrete seating wall construction
- Dog park construction and drainage system
- Extensive green roof construction over amphitheater
- Stabilized soils for structural sustainability at event lawn and high traffic areas
- Custom ornamental drain grating and decorative epoxy stenciling
- Educational approach to plant selection and tree plantings
- Mature trees ornamental shrubs and a vast variety of perennials
- Teaching garden with botanical signage and wayfinding
- Smart controlled pump station and sustainable water deliver for irrigation system from 300,000 gallon cistern
- 10,000 CY import of soils and grading
- Pedestrian bridge construction with IPE decking & felled log guardrails